Partido State University in partnership with the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) and the City Government of Naga will hold an International Conference on the 450th Christianization, Hispanization & Urbanization of Luzon on September 30-October 2, 2019 at Avenue Plaza Hotel, Naga City.
The conference aims to: establish an international platform for academics, faculty & students where they can listen and discuss with world-renowned historians and experts, and provide a venue for senior and junior scholars to present results of their studies on local histories, such as the hispanization and urbanization of local communities.
The conference will feature lectures from internationally renowned scholars, as follows:
- Dr. Reynaldo Ileto, The Australian National University
- Dr. Ian Morley, The Chinese University of Hongkong
- Dr. Javier Galvan, Instituto Cervantes
- Dr. Jorge Mojarro Romero, Instituto Cervantes
- Dr. Ma. Luisa Camagay, University of the Philippines
- Dr. Eusebio Dizon, National Museum of the Philippines
- Dr. Francia Navarro, Ateneo de Manila University; and
- Dr. Danilo Gerona, Partido State University.
The conference is open to historians, researchers, scholars, faculty of higher educational institutions, history groups, cultural organizations, teachers of the Department of Education, tourism personnel of local governments, religious/church groups, parish groups, and members of the clergy, among others.
Interested participants may register online through this link: https://forms.gle/7PKD7baZwkfEdFgh9.