Partido State University (ParSU) is inviting undergraduate and graduate students to participate in the Bicol Economics Congress which will be held on August 29-30, 2019 at Legazpi City, Albay.
This event is co-organized by the Philippine Economic Society (PES), ParSU, Commission on Higher Education Regional Office V (CHED-ROV), the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA), the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), Bicol University (BU), and De La Salle University (DLSU).
It aims to provide a venue to deepen the understanding of current regional economic issues; appreciate the roles of research and financial and economic literacy in regional development; and increase awareness of pedagogical trends and key policies, guidelines, and standards for economic education.
The Congress will feature the following topics and respective speakers:
1. Development Researches that Matter in the Regions – Usec. Adoracion Navarro, NEDA
2. Social Mobility: The Case of Select Regions – Dr. Lawrence Dacuycuy, PES President/CHED TC Head for Economics/DLSU Faculty
3. The Graduate Curriculum: What to Expect From It – Dr. Jose Camacho, UPLB Grad School Dean/Kyoto University Doctor of Philosophy Professor
4. Total Economy Value of Malabungot Protected Landscape and Seascape, Garchitorena, Camarines Sur, for Sustainable Ecosystem Governance – Dr. Raul Bradecinca, ParSU SUC President III
5. Influencing Curriculum Development: The Role of Quality Assurance – Dr. Myrna Austria, DLSU School of Economics Professor
6. On the Regional Economy: Understanding Conditions, Addressing Challenges, and Enhancing Prospects – Usec. Rose Edillon, NEDA