Food Security is one of the primary problems of every developing country, like the Philippines. The COVID-19 pandemic excessively stretched the government capacity to secure food among households during the lockdown. With the government's efforts to slowly restart the economy and aim for its recovery, the Balongibog Talks offers to situate "Food Security in the New Normal". The back-to-back lecture from two Bicolano security experts provided a snapshot of the status and possible direction of the food security in the region in this new normal.
Food security expert Jaime Albarillo Manalo IV, Supervising Science Research Specialist of PhilRice, shared insights on "Food Security in the New Normal: Insights from Rural Communities in the Philippines" on July 15, 2020.
On the other hand, a Bicol-Region focused food security discussion titled "Securing Food on our Table in the New Normal" was given by Assistant Professor Erwin Torres of Bicol University Center for Policy Studies and Development on July 16.
This panel was facilitated by the Center for Partido Studies, Partido Institute of Economics, Museo de Isarog, College of Arts and Sciences, School of Graduate Studies, Office of the University President, Office of the University Board Secretary, and Partido Student Federation for Promotion and Cultural Preservation.
The Balongibog Talks team members are Dr. Danilo M. Gerona, Rolan Jon G. Bulao, Liezel DC. Atole, Vanessa Mae C. Romero, Earl John C. Hernandez, and students Noel Jay Roxas, and Vincente Bayrante.
- MOA signing at Barangay Filarca
- Save Life Program MOA Signing
- 122 Casureco IV Employees Participated in Team Building Activity
- PSU Extension Projects Go National
- PSU-SBFIDC MOU Inked
- Delivering quality extension services
- Extension Services Office ties with DSWD FOV through MOU
- CHED ROV, SUCs, LGUs link through ASAPP MOA SIGNING
- PSU, 1 of 3 greenest colleges in BICOL
- OUECS conducts Training on Evaluation, Communication of Extension Project Results