As part of their extension program titled Malinig na Kapalibutan Lingkod Kan Sanitary Engineering (MaKaLikaSang) sa Partido, the College of Engineering and Technology sponsored a free webinar dubbed COVID 19: LIKAYAN Food Safety, Sanitation, Hygiene for Households and Food Establishments on Thursday, Nov. 26, 2020, from 9 am to 11 am.
The speaker was Mr. Xavier Jules Dioneda, CET faculty member and a food technologist; Engr. Marjorie C. Atole, also a CET faculty member and a sanitary engineer, served as the moderator. The webinar was opened to the public and broadcasted via Facebook Live, Youtube, and Zoom.
Mr. Dioneda divided the discussion into the following topics: (1) Susceptible Populations that are Prone to Foodborne Illnesses; (2) Hazards in Food Safety; (3) Possible controls of Hazards; (4) Identifying Common Foodborne Pathogens; (5) Factors Affecting Microbial Growth; and (6) Reminders to Food Handlers.
The food safety webinar aims to help food handlers understand the foodborne illness and avoid such, especially since populations are very susceptible to foodborne diseases, which may be fatal (in some cases).
- MOA signing at Barangay Filarca
- Save Life Program MOA Signing
- 122 Casureco IV Employees Participated in Team Building Activity
- PSU Extension Projects Go National
- PSU-SBFIDC MOU Inked
- Delivering quality extension services
- Extension Services Office ties with DSWD FOV through MOU
- CHED ROV, SUCs, LGUs link through ASAPP MOA SIGNING
- PSU, 1 of 3 greenest colleges in BICOL
- OUECS conducts Training on Evaluation, Communication of Extension Project Results